It’s been a while since I last talked about common myths and misconceptions about boudoir, so I thought I’d do an updated version for those of you who are new here! People think all kinds of things about boudoir, so let’s break down some of the biggest myths.
- You have to know how to pose. Not even close! So many of my clients are worried that they won’t look good on camera, but they’re always over the moon when they see their final images! I’ll walk you through each and every pose (I’ll even demonstrate for you!) so you feel comfortable and look incredible in front of the camera.
- You have to spend a ton of money on lingerie. Before your session I’ll send you a lingerie guide with tons of options at all different price points. I also have a boudoir closet that you can choose to add-on to your package! You don’t have to break the bank to look amazing.
- Your images will end up on the internet. Not without your permission! I ask all my clients to sign a waiver giving me permission to share their images on my website and social media channels. The choice is totally up to you, and if you do agree to share your images, I’ll never share any personal information, including your name.
- Boudoir is only for women under forty. Nope. In fact, I’ve shot a ton of beautiful women over the age of forty and they’re some of my favorite sessions! You deserve to celebrate your body at every stage.
- My friends / family / partner is going to judge me. First of all, what you choose to do with your body is your choice. And while I’m not going to tell you what to do with your life, if you’re surrounding yourself with people who are judging you for your personal choices, you might need new friends. You should do boudoir for yourself, because you want to! Not because of what anyone else will think of you.
Now that we’ve debunked these reasons not to book, here are some reasons why you should book a boudoir session! For bookings and inquiries, please email email@example.com