There are a lot of misconceptions around boudoir, and one of the biggest myths I hear time and time again is that a boudoir shoot is something you do for someone else. Don’t get me wrong! Boudoir photos can definitely be a great gift to give your partner to celebrate a milestone in your relationship, or a way to spend some quality time together. But it doesn’t have to be.
Boudoir is something that you should do for yourself, first and foremost. Here are the top five reasons you should consider booking a boudoir shoot for just for yourself:
- To document your journey. We all go through different stages as we grow. Often, we look back and regret not having captured a past moment. Boudoir shoots can be a fun way to document your life and your body over the years.
- To celebrate where you are in your journey. In that same vein, you’ll never be the same person that you are right now. No matter where you are in your personal journey, take a moment to capture that and celebrate it.
- To get out of your comfort zone. Every person who walks through my door is nervous at first, but this gives you a chance to grow and push past your fears in a beautiful way.
- To get a new perspective. The way you see yourself in the mirror is completely different from how I see you through my lens. This is a chance to view yourself in a new light.
- To feel empowered. Ultimately, boudoir is a gift to yourself. So many times after a shoot, a client will tell me that the experience has completely changed the way they see themselves and has given them newfound confidence.